Applications are now open!
Applications for Summer 2023 and Fall 2023 are now open and are due by 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, March 15, 2023.
Undergraduate students in the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering are highly encouraged to pursue a research project during their studies. You will gain skills and abilities that will help you develop your interests and be attractive to future employers and graduate programs. You can:
- Contribute to the creation of new knowledge.
- Develop relationships with Fulton faculty members, graduate students, and post-doctoral researchers.
- Gain new knowledge outside of the classroom to help in the classroom.
- Improve your oral and written communication skills.
- Improve your critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Clarify your career goals and prepare for the next step after graduation.
FURI students receive a stipend of $1,500 (less any applicable taxes) for their funded semester(s), which will be disbursed at the end of the semester. Participants are eligible to apply for up to $400 in research supplies per funded semester. You can also explore additional funding from your faculty mentor’s grants or other sources.
How do you get started?
- Step 1: Explore your research interests and ensure it aligns with a Fulton Research Theme.
- Step 2: Identify possible research mentors.
- Step 3: Contact Fulton faculty members and prepare to talk with them.
- Step 4: Refer to the FURI Application Scoring Rubric to prepare your application and use available resources including:
– Proposal Template
– Visiting the Fulton Career Center for help with your resume.
– Visiting the ASU Writing Center or ASU Library for help with your personal statement and research proposal.
- Step 5: Apply to both the FURI application and ASU student job posting: on the ASU Student Employment website (search “on-campus jobs”)
Proposals are due the 3rd Wednesday of every March and October.
Next application cycle: available in Spring 2023
Undergraduate students in the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering can be funded in FURI, beginning of their second semester of attendance at ASU until their last semester. The FURI program operates during summer, fall, and spring semesters. Students are eligible for up to two semesters of funding. All applicants must be undergraduate students in the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering and in good academic standing to be eligible for FURI. Online students are also encouraged to apply. All mentors must be faculty with appointment in Fulton Schools, and not on sabbatical or extended leave.
Note: As of Summer 2021 we are unable to support projects that are planned to be conducted remotely outside of the U.S. Funded projects can be carried out remotely, so long as the student researcher is currently within the United States.
Contact Melissa Stine ([email protected]) FURI Program Coordinator with questions.